Last updated: 13 Jan 2019Thank you for visiting Mr Wright! This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
- Email address, physical contact information, the date of birth and gender information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- Transactional information based on your activities on the Website (such as buying, selling, bidding, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- Postage, billing and other information you provide to purchase or dispatch an item;
- Community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website, and correspondence sent to us;
- Other information from your interaction with our Website, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- Additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity);
- Information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- Other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to the Company, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
Using Information from this Website
We enable you to share personal information to complete transactions. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, user ID, email address and other contact and postage information. In all cases, you must comply with data protection laws, and give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.You agree to use user information only for:
- Fulfillment of the transaction through this website and purposes related to the transaction;
- Using services offered through this website (e.g. escrow, postage and fraud complaints); or
- Other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Mr Wright may make certain personal information available to our partners that work with Mr Wright to provide products and services, the scenarios may include:
- Third-party service providers under contract who help with our business operations: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links(including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, investigating frauds and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, postal code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and purchasing and listing history;
For the avoidance of doubt, If Mr Wright has reasonable grounds to believe that any User is in breach of any of the terms of this Policy, we reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cooperate fully with governmental authorities, private investigators, all the rightful owner(s) or interest holder(s) and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any potential or ongoing criminal or civil wrongdoing.Further, Mr Wright may disclose the User's identify and contact information, or such other transaction-related data, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, private investigator, rightful owner or interest holder and/or any injured third party or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, or if United Points is of the view, in its sole and absolute discretion, that it would be in its best interest to do so. Mr Wright shall not be liable for damages or results arising from such disclosure, and the User(s) agrees not to bring action or claim against United Points for such disclosure.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to the Website. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate.Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request to the customer service, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law.We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data").This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze surfing patterns to improve customer experience on our site.
CommunicationsWe may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that that Mr Wright deems is useful and/or relevant to you. If you do not wish to receive such materials, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for us to take you out of our mailing list.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.If you access our Website from a shared computer or a computer in an internet cafe, a PC room or a library, certain information about you, such as your user ID, activity or reminders from the Website, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you. To protect your personal information or communication from being disclosed to others, you should log out and close the web browser after using our WebsiteYour password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers and letters and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.